Skip To Main Content

Frequently Asked Questions

  • What is the procedure concerning joint custody?

    In order to receive dual busing due to joint custody, please provide the following information:

    1. A written request showing both addresses;

    2. A copy of the most recent custody agreement, (this can include a notarized letter signed jointly); and

    3. A weekly schedule for learner(s).

     PLEASE NOTE:  A divorce decree is not proof of a custody agreement.

    Can I have my child dropped off at grandparents, sisters, aunts, etc. to accommodate my work schedule on regular and/or early dismissal days?

    No. In the past, this generous practice has turned into a logistical torment. It has caused inconsistent route times, placed seating charts out of compliance, caused discipline issues, and in many cases, parents could not keep track of the alternating stops. This resulted in frantic calls to the Transportation Department with "you lost my child!" Like many other school districts, this practice was ended in the 2018-19 school year. 

    How do I request a bus stop address change?

    Enter the Transportation forms tab, open the Bus Stop Change Request Form.

    Use this for a private childcare provider; or

    A pick-up or drop-off location other than current address.

    PLEASE NOTE: Must be completed annually.

    How do I request transportation for my child to attend Kinderhaus or New Holland Early Learning Center?

    Enter the Transportation forms tab, open the Daycare Transportation Request Form. Complete form and return to office.

     PLEASE NOTE: Must be completed annually. 

    How do I request transportation for my child attending a non-public school?

    Enter the Transportation forms tab, open the Act 372 Request Form. Complete and return to the office by July 1st. PLEASE NOTE: Must be completed annually.

    Why does the bus not pick up or drop off my child at the same time daily?

    There are instances due to delays, road construction, accidents, traffic volume, and a number of other factors that affect bus schedules. It is very difficult to give an exact time. The adding and removing of learners throughout the school year also impacts times. This is why we request that your learner be out at the stop at least 5 minutes before their scheduled time. 

    Can I ride or get on the bus with my child?

    No. District policy prohibits anyone except authorized riders, bus drivers, aides and school officials from entering the bus. The PA "School Bus No Entry" law makes it illegal to enter a bus without authorization. 

    Must I stop for a school bus?

    When you meet or approach a stopped school bus with red signal lights flashing and stop arm extended, you MUST STOP.

    When you approach an intersection where a school bus is stopped with red signal lights flashing and stop arm extended, you MUST STOP. It does not matter if you are traveling on the same road or a cross road. 

    Drivers do not have to stop on a highway with clearly defined dividing sections or physical barriers providing separate roadways. This only applies when the school bus is on the opposite side of the road. 

    You MUST STOP  at least ten (10) feet away from the school bus.

    You MUST WAIT  until the red lights have stopped flashing and the stop arm has been withdrawn before moving. 

    DO NOT MOVE until all the children have reached a place of safety. 

    THE CONSEQUENCE FOR DISOBEYING THESE LAWS IS: Applicable fines, 60-day suspension of your license and 5 points added to your driving record.