2023-2024 Kindergarten Registration
Eastern Lancaster County School District's Board Policy 201 regarding entrance to kindergarten and first grade. The ELANCO policy is based on state requirements that define the ages and grades for mandatory attendance in public schools throughout the Commonwealth. ELANCO is required to follow these updates and is sharing this information to help in planning your child's successful start in our district.
Children who enroll and are five years of age prior to September 1st will attend kindergarten.
Children who enroll and are six years old prior to September 1 will attend first grade as beginners.
Once your child begins their academic career in another district or private school and enrolls in ELANCO, they will be enrolled in the next scheduled grade that they would have been enrolled in at the previous district or private school.
For all children attending our schools, there are multiple supports available to help throughout the transition to our schools. We recognize that each child comes to us with a variety of experiences that impact their readiness, and we will partner with you to best meet the needs of your child. Academic support may include tiered instruction in our classrooms and meeting with a building-based reading specialist to support early literacy. For children who may need support with behavior, each classroom teacher, the building counselor, as well as a behavioral specialist or school psychologist can also be a resource. In all instances, it is our belief that we are partners in your child's education and will collaboratively work with you to best meet their needs at this very important time in their educational careers.
For registration support enrolling in Kindergarten. Please contact Alice Irwin at: email@example.com or 717-354-1522.
For registration support enrolling in First Grade. Please contact Nicole Hoffa at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 717-354-1142.
The Board establishes the District's entry age for kindergarten as five (5) years, in accordance with state law and regulations. A child is eligible for admission to kindergarten if s/he has attained the age of five (5) years before September 1st.
The child shall be admitted to school only during the first two (2) weeks of the school term unless the child has transferred from another public or private school which the child has attended.
The Board may admit to kindergarten a child who is below entry age but demonstrates readiness for entry by September 1st, upon the written request of the parent/guardian, recommendation of the District psychologist, and approval of the Superintendent. (ELANCO School Board, Admission of Students § 201)
Stop! If you are registering your child for the current school year please click here to be directed to the current registration form.
For more information about our Pre-Kindergarten Program, Spartan Sprouts, click here.
You’ll have the opportunity to upload the required documents during your online enrollment. The required documents to complete registration are as follows:
- Birth certificate
- Most current shot records (See note from Joy Hoover, RN below)
- Proof of residency
- Parent/Guardian ID
- Affidavit of Guardianship – if applicable
- Custody agreement – if applicable
Proof of residency must be one of the following:
- Utility Bill (a cell phone bill is not considered proof of residency)
- Mortgage Statement
- Tax Bill
- Lease agreement
- Renters or Homeowners Insurance
- Agreement of Sale (if the settlement has not occurred yet)
Note: If you are moving in with or currently reside with someone else and do not have a lease. You will need to complete a Multiple Occupancy form. (Click on the link to download a pdf copy of the form.) The person who you will be residing with will need to sign the form and provide their proof of residency (see above for acceptable forms of proof). Please email the completed form to email@example.com.
If you do not have a birth certificate, the following can be used in lieu of a birth certificate:
- Baptismal certificate
- Statement from the doctor verifying full name and DOB
- Live birth certificate from the hospital
Parent / Guardian ID:
- Driver's License
- State-Issued Photo ID
If you have any questions or need help during the enrollment process, you may contact the Central Registration Office at (717) 354-1142 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Immunizations Information (Note from Head School Nurse, Joy Hoover, RN)
- The immunization law currently states students need to have the immunizations completed by the first day of school. Completed or updated Immunizations records can be faxed directly to the school nurse or emailed. If changes are made to the law for any reason we will follow the state guidelines.
- Parents can schedule well child checks and dental appointments according to the medical/dental offices current policies. The completed forms can be returned on the first day of school or when completed if the appointment is after school begins. Students may attend school if the exam hasn’t been completed. Kindergarten Physical Form Dental Form
- Any parent/guardian may contact me with any questions at 717-354-1520 direct line, 717-351-1442 fax or email@example.com.
There are no resources or collections to display