Skip To Main Content

2023-2024 Kindergarten Registration


Kindergarten Registration Banner Image

A child is eligible for admission to Kindergarten if s/he has attained the age of five (5) years before September 1st. The Board may admit to Kindergarten a child who is below entry age but demonstrates readiness for entry by September 1st, upon the written request of the parent/guardian, recommendation of the district psychologist, and approval of the Superintendent. (ELANCO School Board, Admission of Students § 201.2)

Stop! If you are registering your child for the current school year please click here to be directed to the current registration form.

2023-2024 Kindergarten Registration

For more information about our Pre-Kindergarten Program, Spartan Sprouts, click here.

Header Line

First Grade Registration

Beginners are students entering the lowest grade of the primary school above the Kindergarten level. They shall be admitted to school only during the first two (2) weeks of the annual school term, except that a child who is eight (8) years of age shall begin school at any time during the school year.

A beginner is eligible for admission to First grade if s/he has attained the age of six (6) years before the first day of the school term. The Board may admit as a beginner a child who is five (5) years old and demonstrates readiness for entry by the first day of the school term, upon the written request of the Parent/guardian, recommendation of the district psychologist, and approval of the Superintendent. (ELANCO School Board, Admission of Students § 201.2)

Registration Checklist:

You’ll have the opportunity to upload the required documents during your online enrollment. The required documents to complete registration are as follows:

  1. Birth certificate
  2. Most current shot records (See note from Joy Hoover, RN below)
  3. Proof of residency
  4. Parent/Guardian ID
  5. Affidavit of Guardianship – if applicable
  6. Custody agreement – if applicable

Proof of residency must be one of the following:

  • Utility Bill (a cell phone bill is not considered proof of residency)
  • Mortgage Statement
  • Tax Bill
  • Lease agreement
  • Renters or Homeowners Insurance
  • Agreement of Sale (if the settlement has not occurred yet)

Note: If you are moving in with or currently reside with someone else and do not have a lease. You will need to complete a Multiple Occupancy form. (Click on the link to download a pdf copy of the form.) The person who you will be residing with will need to sign the form and provide their proof of residency (see above for acceptable forms of proof). Please email the completed form to

If you do not have a birth certificate, the following can be used in lieu of a birth certificate:

  • Baptismal certificate
  • Statement from the doctor verifying full name and DOB
  • Live birth certificate from the hospital
  • Passport

Parent / Guardian ID:

  • Driver's License
  • State-Issued Photo ID
  • Passport


If you have any questions or need help during the enrollment process, you may contact the Central Registration Office at (717) 354-1142 or email:

Immunizations Information (Note from Head School Nurse, Joy Hoover, RN)

  • The immunization law currently states students need to have the immunizations completed by the first day of school. Completed or updated Immunizations records can be faxed directly to the school nurse or emailed. If changes are made to the law for any reason we will follow the state guidelines.
  • Parents can schedule well child checks and dental appointments according to the medical/dental offices current policies. The completed forms can be returned on the first day of school or when completed if the appointment is after school begins. Students may attend school if the exam hasn’t been completed. Kindergarten Physical Form        Dental Form
  • Any parent/guardian may contact me with any questions at 717-354-1520 direct line, 717-351-1442 fax or

Guidelines for Keeping Your Child Home 


There are no resources or collections to display