We are fortunate and appreciative to have so many volunteers serving in our schools. Our volunteers truly make our educational community special.
Due to new regulations (Act 153 of 2014) passed by the General Assembly in an attempt to better protect children from sexual predators and child abuse, all volunteers must now obtain the same three clearances as professional staff; FBI Federal Criminal History Background Check and Fingerprinting, Pennsylvania Criminal Background Check, and Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Check. In short, any adult who visits a school to assist with any function of the school related to working with students or who chaperones a field trip in which the volunteer has responsibility for students must obtain the three clearances in advance of participation. For a specific description of who constitutes as a volunteer, see Board of School Directors Policy #916.
In order to volunteer in the District, volunteers will need to complete the following and submit to Mrs. Swavely in the District Office:
- Volunteer Application
- PA State Police Criminal History Report* - See Background Checks/Clearances for instructions for applying.
- PA Department of Human Services Child Abuse Report* - See Background Checks/Clearances for instructions for applying.
- Federal Criminal History Report* - See Background Checks/Clearances for instructions for applying.
- (The Federal Criminal History Report is not required for a volunteer who provides a written statement that he or she has been Pennsylvania resident for the past 10 years consecutively. See Waiver Form below.)
- PDE-6004 Arrest/Conviction Report and Certification Form
- Volunteer Acknowledgement of Policy #916/Volunteers and Policy #806/Child Abuse
All the above clearances and documents must be completed, submitted to the District Office, and approved before volunteer service can begin. (Documents & Forms can be downloaded below.)
NOTE: Clearances must be renewed every sixty (60) months.
NOTE: You do not have to resubmit volunteer paperwork every school year. Clearances are valid for 60 months. Once your clearances have expired, you will receive correspondence from the School District indicating that you will need to update your clearances in order to volunteer for the upcoming school year.
Our students’ safety is paramount. It is our earnest desire to see our school community as safe as possible. Thanks to all who make our community safe and strong!
If you have any additional questions, please contact:
Mrs. Stacey Swavely
Administrative Assistant to the Assistant Superintendent
P.O Box 609
699 East Main Street
New Holland, PA 17557
LOST VOLUNTEER CARD?
If you have lost your issued volunteer card, you may request another to be reissued by contacting either Mrs. Stacey Swavely or your school building secretary. All volunteer clearances on file must be still valid in order for the card to be reissued. If you have any questions, please contact Mrs. Stacey Swavely at (717) 354-1118 or email@example.com