COVID-19 Protocols 2021-2022 School Year
Based on discussions with the District’s physician, below are the standing order COVID-19 protocols Eastern Lancaster County School District will be following for the 2021-2022 school year:
- have completed their 10 days of isolation and
- they have been fever free for 24 hours without the use of fever reducing medication and
- their symptoms have improved.
Parents are requested to contact their personal care physician (PCP) for guidance. Parents who do not contact their PCP or those who do not have a PCP will need to follow the Department of Health's exclusion protocol which is as follows:
- Quarantine for Non-Household Contact
- Please note that exposure date is Day 0
- Quarantine for Household Contact
- Please note that most recent exposure date (end of positive contact’s infectious period) is Day 0. Household contact exclusions are 17-24 days.
As listed in the Health and Safety Plan, learners and staff will be sent home if they present with severe symptoms, as assessed by the nurse in the school health room, that are closely associated with COVID. Severe symptoms include initial cough, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, or new loss of taste and/or smell.